(Volunteer Position: Berlin, Germany 16 Hours/Week)
Have you got a way with words and a critical eye for detail? Skateistan is seeking an enthusiastic individual with a passion for nonprofit work and interest in skateboarding or action sports, to join our team for a six-month volunteer position.
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to gain valuable fundraising experience in the nonprofit sector, as well as gain insight into the workings of an international NGO that is recognized for its innovation in the field of „Sport for Development“.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with Skateistan's Development Manager as well as a motivated and innovative fundraising team. You'll be the lead on handling grants support, ensuring all written communication with major donors is streamlined and consistent with Skateistan’s mission, and help seek out new revenue streams for Skateistan from foundations, governments and other institutions. There is also the opportunity to get creative with the team, assisting with Skateistan’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning activities. Enthusiasm is key as it’s a big year for Skateistan in 2017!
This is a volunteer position of 16 hours per week, from August through January 2017. This uncompensated position provides office perks, flexible hours and hands-on experience, and is based at Skateistan’s headquarters in Berlin, Germany.
Position Core Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the production of grant and award applications and reports
- Grants research
- Helping to organize and maximize the use of inspiring and informative content from Skate Schools around the world
- Assisting with Skateistan’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning activities
- Coordinating with Communications team to ensure donors are recognized when appropriate
- Assisting the Development Manager with other tasks as needed
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Berlin-based for a minimum of six months
- Able to commit 16 hours/week during regular office hours (Tues-Fri, 9am-5pm)
- Native-level English (written/spoken)
- Experience in research, proposal writing, or other writing and editing tasks
- Good communication skills
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Self-motivated and strong attention to detail
- Passionate about sport for development, education or skateboarding
- Graduate or student of Development Studies, Communications, Journalism, or related degree program with a strong emphasis on writing
- Experience in administration, or office environment
- Experience volunteering for a nonprofit
- German language skills are an asset
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject GRANTS VOLUNTEER.
Students are welcome to apply and seek university credits through the position.
The deadline to apply for this position is August 21st, 2017. Interviews for this position will take place in person in Berlin from August 14th-25th, 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.